Who doesn’t love a rich, tangy treat to kick off their morning? This gluten-free lemon poppyseed loaf is zesty, nourishing, and moist – the perfect go-to for brunch at-home or breakfast on-the-go. We make ours with our Ultimate Almond+ Flour (a nourishing nut-based flour mixture that mimics the rise and texture of all-purpose flour) for an extra boost of nutrients and flavor. You can sub in all-purpose flour or your favorite gluten-free flour in a pinch.
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
For the Batter
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Eats Almond+ Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest from 2 large lemons
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp poppyseeds
- ⅓ cup preferred cooking oil
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 ½ tbsp milk (or dairy-free milk substitute)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Lemon Syrup
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- ¼ cup sugar
For Lemon Glaze
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your loaf pan.
- Whisk together Almond+ flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Combine lemon zest, yogurt, sugar, eggs, poppy seeds, oil, lemon juice, milk, and vanilla extract in a larger bowl and whisk. Gently fold flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined. Expect batter to have some lumps.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
For the Syrup:
- As the bread bakes, combine lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- After the bread has been removed from the oven, immediately pour warm syrup over the loaf and let cool completely in the pan.
For the Glaze:
- Once bread has cooled, whisk together 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with powdered sugar, adding more as needed until the mixture has a smooth consistency. Drizzle glaze over top of bread. Slice and serve.