Walnut Pesto Penne Pasta Salad
A pesto lovers dream! Our walnut pesto delights the palate.
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 ounce penne pasta
- ¼ cup shredded fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- Extra walnuts for garnish
- Spring salad greens
- Combine basil, garlic, Nature's Eats Walnuts, and olive oil in a food processor. Blend until a coarse mixture is formed. Transfer pesto mixture to a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, place cherry tomatoes and asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season with kosher salt. Broil on high in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Add cooked, drained pasta and the ¼ cup pasta water to bowl containing pesto. Stir to adhere pesto to the pasta. Gently stir in the cannellini beans. Add the roasted vegetables. Top with freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese. Serve over mixed spring salad greens for added nutrition.