Walnut Pecan Fudge Brownies
Double the crunch with this nutty chocolate ending reminiscent of childhood.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces
- 1 recipe Cocoa Glaze
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with foil, extending foil over ends. Grease foil; set pan aside. In a small saucepan stir together sugar, butter, and cocoa powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to cocoa mixture. Using a wooden spoon, beat lightly just until combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in Nature's Eats Walnuts and Pecans. Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the ends of foil, lift brownies out of pan. If desired, frost with Cocoa Glaze. Cut into triangles.
- Cocoa Glaze: In a small bowl combine ½ cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon softened butter, and¼ teaspoon vanilla. Beat in enough hot water (2-4 teaspoons) to make a glaze of spreading consistency.