Veggie Almond Flour Pizza
If you have been searching for a recipe for gluten-free pizza we have the perfect gluten-free pizza recipe for you! The instructions show you how to make an almond flour pizza dough in place of a wheat flour dough. Not only is this the tastiest pizza you may have had in a long time, but it is also full of protein, healthy fats, and tons of nutrition. Top the pizza with delicious veggies to add even more nutrition for you and your family.
- Dough Ingredients:
- 2 cups Nature's Eats Almond Flour
- 2½ tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red, orange, yellow or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, sliced and tossed in a dash of olive oil
- 1⁄8-¼ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a pizza pan or baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In one large bowl mix Nature's Eats Almond Flour, coconut flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs and olive oil until frothy.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until dough is well combined.
- Roll dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Roll out the dough with your hands or a rolling pin into the desired shape. If the dough begins to stick, put a little more coconut flour on the dough and rolling pin, and roll it out to 1⁄8-¼ inch thickness.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust edges begin to get crisp and the crust has just started to brown.
- Top the partially baked crust with sauce and half of the cheese, then the veggies, and finally the remaining cheese.
- Do not put too much sauce on the pizza, but add as much cheese as you desire.
- Place the pizza back into the oven for another 12-15 minutes until all cheese has melted, and edges are golden brown. If you prefer browned cheese, broil the pizza at the end for an additional 1-2 minutes