Vegan Chai Tea Latte
Chai lattes are so delicious and make a great coffee alternative. Chai lattes are typically made with a dairy product, but this Holiday Vegan Chai Latte uses nuts as an alternative to dairy. It’s wonderful as a Holiday Vegan Chai Latte beverage. Also, this homemade chai recipe is a pumpkin spice chai tea recipe, making it especially flavorful during the holidays.
- 4-6 cups of filtered water
- 6 -12 black tea bags
- A quarter size fresh ginger, peeled and minced, or ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon fennel
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 anise flower
- 2-3 juniper berries
- 5-6 cloves
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Any other spices you like
- 1⁄8 cup nuts (Nature's Eats Raw Cashews, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, or Hazelnuts)
- 3-4 Nature's Eats California Dates, or 3-4 teaspoons of honey
- Brew hot water and then pour into a teapot that can be placed on the stove. Add black tea bags as well as other herbs and spices. Allow to brew for approximately 15-20 minutes. You can leave the tea on the stove on low heat if desired.
- Strain the tea and pour into a blender or Vitamix machine. Add in the nuts and dates or honey and blend until completely liquefied.
- Serve in a coffee mug.