With anti-inflammatory turmeric and heart-healthy fats from almond flour, these nourishing muffins are your perfect match-a. Freeze and reheat for an easy, grab-and-go, and gluten-free breakfast.
Tumeric Matcha Muffins
Tumeric Matcha Muffins are low sugar, gluten-free and easy way to incorporate superfoods into your diet.
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Almond Flour
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Coconut Flour
- 1⁄8 cup Raw Agave
- 2 tablespoons Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 mashed up brown ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- handful of Nature's Eats Pistachios
- Pre-heat the over to 350°F. Place muffin liners in a muffin pan for 9 muffins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Nature's Eats almond flour, coconut flour, agave, matcha green tea powder, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, almond milk, oil, banana, and agave until mostly smooth.
- Using a large spoon, scoop batter into each muffin cup until approximately ¾ full. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until you can poke cleanly with a toothpick.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil on the stove using low heat. Alternatively, you can heat the chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals until melted. Spread melted chocolate on top of each muffin and garnish with Nature's Eats Pistachios.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving. Can be stored in an air tight container for 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to a month.