Too-Good-For-A-Bun Burgers with Quick Red Wine Sauce
This astonishingly quick and easy meal elevates the humble burger to an elegance worthy of candlelight.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces
- ¼ cup coarse (Kosher) salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In large mixing bowl, blend beef with garlic powder and Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces. Form into 4 patties.
- Sprinkle salt across bottom of heavy skillet. Place skillet over a high flame until salt begins to turn caramel in color.
- Add patties to skillet and deeply brown on both sides. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook to desired doneness (approximately 5 to 6 minutes for well-done). Remove cooked patties to a warm plate.
- Melt butter in pan drippings in skillet over medium heat. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, flour, and wine. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce thickens and bubbles. Pour sauce over burgers and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.