Our walnuts make this salad delicious! Mixed together, this salad makes the mouth water.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1½ cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1⁄3 - ½ cup (personal taste preference) white balsamic (such as The Oilerie balsamic)
- 1 cup olive oil (The Oilerie roasted walnut is fantastic)
- dash of white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Tear washed romaine and iceberg into salad size pieces slice strawberries into quarters. Glaze Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts by placing ¾ cup sugar, 2 cups walnuts, and ½ cup water in microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Cook on high in microwave for approx 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Once the walnuts are coated and sugar is caramelized, remove from microwave, spread on baking sheet to cool. Once cool, break up nuts. Use as a topper on salad, will have leftovers for ice cream!
- Make dressing and chill few hours or overnight. Mix together ¾ cup sugar, white balsamic, olive oil, pepper, paprika, salt, and garlic. Mix greens, strawberries, and grated cheese in a large serving bowl. Top with glazed walnuts, drizzle with chilled dressing.