Sweet Stuffed Holiday Pumpkin Mash
Whether you are on the hunt for recipes for the holidays or just looking for easy holiday dinners this Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin Mash is perfect. Anytime you are doing holiday cooking pumpkins seem to be involved in some form or fashion. This recipe is a must for any holiday dinner menu because not only is it one of those fantastic recipes for the holidays, it also is really delicious and has great presentation.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Cashews
- 2 tablespoons parmesan or goat cheese
- Bake sweet potato in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Another cooking method is to boil or cook the sweet potato in the microwave until completely soft and easy to mash.
- Cut the top of pumpkin off and remove all seeds inside. Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil on the inside of the pumpkin. Place lid back on and put in the oven. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-30 minutes until the inside of the pumpkin is fully cooked and the outside begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and scoop out baked pumpkin, but leave enough to keep the shape of the pumpkin to reuse it. Place the scooped-out pumpkin in a Vitamix with sweet potato, coconut cream, pumpkin spice, salt, Nature's Eats Cashews, and remaining coconut oil. Process on low speed until completely mashed.
- Place pumpkin and sweet potato mash back into the pumpkin, put lid on top, and place back in the oven at 425°F for 5-10 minutes.
- Top the inside with Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds or Nature's Eats Pecans and shredded parmesan cheese or goat cheese.