Sweet Lentil Rice Medley
This Lentil Rice dish is an extraordinary dish. It is full of flavor and makes vegan eating easy. It is also a fantastic gluten-free side dish and perfect for anyone who desires to be a healthy vegan.
- 2 cups brown rice or brown basmati rice
- 1½ cups cooked brown lentils
- ½ cup Nature's Eats California Dates, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Sliced Almonds
- Cook brown rice in a rice cooker or on a stovetop.
- Add in cooked lentils, dates, cinnamon, coconut oil and salt to taste. Stir, blending well.
- Place in serving bowl and top with sliced almonds.