Sweet and Nutty Sunflower Salad
This hearty Sunflower Salad, with its sweet and nutty flavor from the raisins and sunflower seeds, is one of those easy salads you can make on the fly. Delicious as is, Sunflower Salad is also a great foundation to build on when turning a salad into a main course meal.
- 1 head romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup raw Nature's Eats Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Raisins
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 avocado (cut into chunks)
- Dressing ingredients
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse off romaine lettuce, dry, tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add spinach, tomatoes (chopped), avocados chunks, Nature's Eats Sunflower Seeds and Nature's Eats Raisins.
- Squeeze lemon, add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss salad. Alternatively, you can mix the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl and then add to salad.
- Add a few avocados on top as a garnish.
- Keep chilled and serve.