Sweet and Nutty Cranberry Kale Salad
Sometimes the best way to eat kale is in a simple salad. Rather than using traditional lettuce options try using kale for salad or other dark leafy choices like arugula, chard, or spinach. Healthy diets also include healthy ways to cook kale, and those who enjoy healthy vegetarian meals will most likely find healthy ways to cook kale because it is full of iron and protein.
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 beet
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Dried Cranberries
- Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse kale thoroughly. Remove stems and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces, then put in a bowl. Using your hands massage the kale with half of the salad dressing.
- Chop cucumber, carrots and beet and place in the bowl over the kale.
- Top salad off with Nature's Eats Pine Nuts and Nature's Eats Dried Cranberries.
- Add the remainder of the dressing and toss salad until thoroughly mixed.
- Salad should stay fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.