Sun Dried Tomato Kelp Pasta
If you are a vegan in Italy who is also gluten-free or primarily on a raw food diet, a kelp noodle recipe will come in handy.
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Sun-Dried Tomatoes, soaked
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chives
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 ounces of kelp noodles (recommend Sea Tangle Kelp noodles, which are crunchy)
- 1 cup arugula
- Rinse and cut kelp noodles.
- Bring 3-4 cups water to boiling. Add kelp noodles but remove from the heat and cover. Allow to steep for at least 30 minutes. This will help soften the noodles.
- Place soaked Nature's Eats Sun-Dried Tomatoes, pine nuts, olive oil, basil, garlic, chives, salt & pepper, tomatoes, and lemon into a high powered blender like a Vitamix machine and process on a speed of 3 to 4. Alternatively, you can use a food processor and run until you get the desired texture.
- Remove the water from the kelp noodles. Add sun-dried pesto on top of kelp noodles and stir until fully combined. The noodles will continue to soften.
- Add arugula and any other vegetables you would like along with a fresh basil garnish and serve. For a cheesier experience add nutritional yeast on top to taste as a topping.