Sandy's Salty Sweet Caramel Bars
Salty and sweet, for those indecisive days.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 33 individually wrapped caramels
- 3 tablespoon cream
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounce package of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 35°F. Mix butter, flour, oatmeal, Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Pat ¾ of the mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt the caramels, cream, and butter in a large saucepan. Pour over crust right out of the oven. Put chocolate chips and remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Allow 5 minutes to cool. Cut and serve preferably with a cold glass of milk :-).