Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Pesto sauce is a delicious Italian sauce enjoyed most often with noodles. This Pumpkin Seed Pesto is easy and full of pesto sauce nutrition. You can enjoy the benefits of the pesto sauce nutrition because it calls for pumpkin seeds rather than other more commonly used ingredients that may not be as healthy. We chose to use pesto with basil for this fresh pesto recipe because we believe it is the very best! A fresh pesto recipe simply calls for fresh ingredients like fresh pumpkin seeds, basil, garlic, and more.
- 3-4 zucchini
- 1½ cups fresh basil
- 2 cups Nature's Eats Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds
- Using a spiralizer turn zucchini into noodles, or zoodles, and set to the side. Use regular or gluten-free pasta if desired.
- In a Vitamix machine or food processor place basil, Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon, and water. Process by pulsing until you create a coarse-textured paste. Start with 4 tablespoons olive oil and add more as needed.
- Mix the pesto paste and zoodles together until completely covered. Add additional Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds if desired. You can also make this dish by roasting the Nature's Eats Pumpkin Seeds beforehand for a different type of flavor.