Pecan Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Nourishing and delicious, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies have a nutty flavor and all of the nutritional benefits and heart-healthy fats from pecan flour.
- 3 cups Nature’sEats® Pecan Flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheatoven to 375°. Grease 2 - 9 x 12 baking dishes.
- Mix together Nature’s Eats Pecan Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together shortening and sugars in a separate bowl with electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Add yogurt and vanilla. Mix together. Add flour mixture and beat only until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking sheets and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into middle of cookie comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing into bars.