On the Trail Granola Bars
Homemade health for that weekend hike!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup Nature's Eats Dried Cranberries or Dried Blueberries (or both combined)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Nature's Eats Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Generously grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, dried fruits (Nature's Eats Dried Cranberries or Dried Blueberries), and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix well using your hands.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm.