Minted Walnut & Pecans
Mixed nuts with a cool twist.
- ¼ cup Karo corn syrup, light
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 marshmallows
- 3 cups Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts
- 3 cups Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking to softball stage, about 238°F on a candy thermometer, or until a small amount of mixture forms a soft ball when tested in very cold water.
- Remove from heat, add peppermint and marshmallow. Stir until dissolved. Add Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts or Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces; stir until well coated. Pour onto waxed paper. Separate nuts whiles still warm.
- Makes about 1¼ pounds of minted walnuts or pecans.