Lemon Ginger Springtime Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is one of the best gluten-free dishes out there. It’s a great staple product that can be prepared and flavored in so many ways. Using lemon quinoa for some of these spring quinoa salad options provides a great base, and from there, you can get creative with all different types of flavorings.
- 1 cup of quinoa (or ⅓ cup quinoa, ⅓ cup millet, ⅓ cup amaranth)
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 chopped green onions
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Crystallized Ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and mint
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Rinse quinoa or ancient grains thoroughly and then place in 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then simmer until water is absorbed.
- In a bowl, mix together bell peppers, garlic, green onion, and Nature's Eats Crystallized Ginger.
- Once quinoa or ancient grains are cooked, add coconut oil and diced vegetable mixture into same sauce pan. Add in lemon juice, seasoning and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Right before serving, mix in cilantro, mint, and salt and pepper to taste.