Homemade Vegetable Lasagna
The best vegetarian lasagna ever is the one that uses vegetables for noodles, also making it a gluten-free lasagna. Gluten-free lasagna is easy to make when you use eggplant and zucchini to replace the noodles. Add your favorite veggies to the recipe in the same way we added sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and mushrooms.
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (16-18 ounce) marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- Noodle Ingredients
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté garlic, onions, Nature's Eats Sun-Dried Tomatoes and mushrooms in the olive oil on low to medium heat until soft.
- Add marinara sauce, seasonings, and basil.
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant horizontally into ¼ inch slices.
- Sweat the zucchini and eggplant by salting and then placing on cookie sheet. Put in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- To assemble, pour a thin layer of sauce at the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch nonstick pan. Next, layer eggplant slices, ricotta mixed with mozzarella and parmesan, a layer of zucchini, and a layer of sauce. Repeat until dish is full.
- On the top add a layer of sauce, then sprinkle with parmesan, mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375°F for up to one hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.