Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk
Homemade vanilla almond milk is a delicious milk alternative for those who follow a dairy-free or vegan diet. You may find that making homemade almond milk is the best and tastiest way to go! The milk is perfect for things such as hot or cold cereals or as a milk alternative for any other recipe that calls for milk. Try a little cinnamon in 1 cup of almond milk for a nice healthy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup Nature's Eats Raw Almonds
- 3-4 cups spring water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or 1 tablespoon raw agave (sweeten more or less to taste)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Soak Nature's Eats Raw Almonds for 6-8 hours prior to making Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk (optional). This will make the milk easier to digest, however you can simply blend raw almonds that have not been soaked.
- Place Nature's Eats Raw Almonds, water, vanilla, and sweetener of your choice in a blender or high powered Vitamix machine.
- Liquefy the ingredients by starting at low speed and gradually taking it to the highest speed. Continue to blend for 1-3 minutes or until all ingredients are completely liquefied.
- Optional: You can run the almond milk through a nut bag to remove the almond pulp. This will make the almond milk thinner. If desired, keep the fiber in the almond milk for an added health benefit.