Grain-Free Spice Muffins
If you are seeking a healthy breakfast on the go, these Spice Grain-Free muffins could be right up your alley. They are not only grain-free, but they are perfect if you are looking for some nutritious breakfast ideas. These muffins will also work when you need gluten-free snacks for kids or adults. And if you are going to snack, why not make it healthy snacking?
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 flax eggs or 2 eggs (If using flax eggs, muffins will sink in the middle)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 clove powder
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Raisins
- Optional: ¼ cup chia seeds, ¼ cup hemp seeds, and Nature's Eats Ground Walnuts or black walnuts to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for Nature's Eats Raisins and Nature's Eats Walnuts. Blend until batter is smooth.
- Add raisins and any optional ingredients you choose and combine. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to distribute batter evenly between all 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the top with Nature's Eats Chopped Walnuts or black walnuts.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until muffins are slightly golden brown and firm in the middle. Allow the muffins to cool for 15 minutes.
- To store, place muffins in an airtight container on the counter for a few days, or in the refrigerator for a week or two. You can also freeze them to save for a later date.