Garlic Spinach Zoodles
Every mouthful of this noodle dish is true to Italian form, bursting with delicious roasted garlic and basil.
- 3-4 zucchinis (medium large)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil sprigs
- 1⁄3 cup Nature's Eats Slivered Almonds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Optional: ¼ cup Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Chop off the ends of each zucchini and then use a spiral vegetable slicer or zoodler to create zucchini noodles.
- Sauté the chopped garlic in olive oil for 3 min. Add in red pepper, salt & pepper, zucchini noodles, and half of the Nature's Eats Almonds. Continue cooking for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the sauté and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh basil. For a cheesier flavor, sprinkle Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast on top.
- Every mouthful of this noodle dish is true to Italian form, bursting with delicious roasted garlic and basil. The texture of the zoodles works perfectly, as they are neither too crunchy or soft. The spinach is a savory addition, but the best part is the hidden crunch and creaminess of the Nature's Eats Slivered Almonds.