Cashew Flour Cinnamon Roll Cookies
These cookies are perfectly playful, super yummy, sweetened only with fruit, and infused with flavor and nutrients from low-carb cashew flour.
For the Cookie:
- ½ cup pitted dates, softened
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil (for dairy free)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Nature's Eats Cashew Flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup dates, softened
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil (for dairy free)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a food processor, process together the dates, vanilla, and coconut oil on high until smooth. Blend in the egg.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, tapioca flour, and cashew flour. Blend on low until mixed together.
- Form the dough into a ball and flatten in a large piece of parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least a half hour before rolling out into a rectangle about ¼" thick.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by processing the dates, cinnamon, butter, and cacao powder on high until smooth. Spread the filling over the rolled out crust.
- Use the parchment paper to roll the crust into a long log. Place a piece of plain floss underneath the log and gently pull up to cut each cookie. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.