Caramel Popcorn with Mixed Nuts
Try this holiday favorite all year long and enjoy the nutty, vanilla flavor this snack boasts.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 3 cups Nature's Eats Dry Roasted Nuts, Unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup light or dark corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F. In a large roasting pan combine the popcorn and Nature's Eats Dry Roasted Nuts. Place in the oven while preparing glaze.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla, then pour over the warm popcorn and nuts, tossing to coat well.
- Bake another 60 minutes, stirring freqently, about every 10 minutes. Cool and break apart. Store in an airtight container.