Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Almond Flour
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20-25 presoaked Nature's Eats Dried Apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet.
- Once the dough ingredients are thoroughly combined, place in the fridge for one hour.
- Create the filling by putting the presoaked Nature's Eats Dried Apricots in a food processor. Blend until it becomes a spreadable consistency. Add water if needed. If you prefer a sweeter filling, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Roll the chilled dough out on a floured surface into a thin, rectangular shape.
- Spread a layer of the apricot filling over only half of the dough’s surface.
- Then place the other half of the dough over the filling.
- Cut into traditional Newton cookie-like shapes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.