Annie's Apricot Tarts
Warm apricot covered in a sweet vanilla glaze, perfect for a rainy day.
- 2 bags Nature's Eats Dried Apricots
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- Sugar glaze
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 box sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cover Nature's Eats Dried Apricots with water and cook on medium heat for 45 min. Add sugar at 40 mins. and cook together last 5 mins.
- Mix apricots in blender until in spread form. Mix in butter, cream cheese, flour and sugar. Roll out pastry on floured board.
- Cut with donut cutter without insert. Fill with 1 teaspoon apricot filling. Fold over into half circle, wet tines of fork and press together.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For glaze blend together glaze ingredients and spread over warm tarts. Makes enough glaze to double the recipe.