Almond Flour Pancakes
Naturally gluten-free, these pancakes make breakfast a low carb, high protein treat.
- 2 cups Nature’s Eats Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter—1 melted, the remaining 4 at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Nature's Eats Almond Flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites on low, gradually increasing the speed to medium. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add to the almond flour mixture and stir to incorporate. Fold in the whipped egg whites.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter over moderate heat. When the butter has melted and the foam has begun to subside, pour batter into the pan using a ⅛ cup measuring cup (or whatever size you prefer), leaving space between the pancakes. Cook two minutes on the first side, then flip, and cook for one more minute. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter.