Each bite into these almonds bars will warm your mouth with absolute sweetness. The inviting texture is similar to that of a soft shortbread topped with the perfect crunch of almond slivers. Sliced almonds can also be used. The heavenly balance of sweet and nutty flavors pair perfectly with your favorite unsweetened hot drink.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup Nature's Eats Sliced Almonds
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Nature's Eats Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ALMOND ICING
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg and almond extract, and mix until fluffy. Then stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together well to achieve a dough texture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections and roll each one into a log approximately 12 inches long. Flatten each roll by hand and then brush with coconut milk. Sprinkle Nature's Eats Sliced Almonds on top.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven. and while the bars are still warm, cut them at a diagonal, making slices about 1 inch wide.
- Place all almond icing ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth. Once the bars have cooled to room temperature, drizzle them with almond icing.