Lemon Ginger Springtime Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is one of the best gluten-free dishes out there. It’s a great staple product that can be prepared and flavored in so many ways. Using lemon quinoa for some of these spring quinoa salad options provides a great base, and from there, you can get creative with all different types of flavorings.
- 1 cup of quinoa (or ⅓ cup quinoa, ⅓ cup millet, ⅓ cup amaranth)
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 chopped green onions
- ¼ cup Nature's Eats Crystallized Ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and mint
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Rinse quinoa or ancient grains thoroughly and then place in 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then simmer until water is absorbed.
In a bowl, mix together bell peppers, garlic, green onion, and Nature's Eats Crystallized Ginger.
Once quinoa or ancient grains are cooked, add coconut oil and diced vegetable mixture into same sauce pan. Add in lemon juice, seasoning and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Right before serving, mix in cilantro, mint, and salt and pepper to taste.