Irish Apple Cake with Rum and Toasted Almonds
Pie may be the traditional go-to holiday dessert, but this super flavorful Irish Apple Cake with Rum and Toasted Almonds can add a delicious and beautiful spin to your holidays. A mix of tart and sweet apples are cored, thinly sliced, and added right to the baking dish with almonds before being topped with delicious cashew flour batter spiced with rum, fresh ginger, vanilla and nutmeg. Get ready to make your guests swoon!
- 3 apples, cored and sliced thin
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Eats Cashew Flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour Replace with ½ cup tapioca flour if gluten-free.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh crushed ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup rum, plain or spiced
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
Line a 9" cake pan with parchment paper. Arrange the sliced apples and almonds in the bottom of the pan.⠀
In a large bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients together and pour the batter over the arranged apples and almonds.
Bake at 360F for 45 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 mins.
Flip the cake upside down onto a serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.