Raw Cheddar Nut Cheese
Nut cheese is a great vegan dairy alternative. This vegan cheddar cheese recipe is healthy and tasty and is one of the best vegan cheese recipes available. When making vegan cheese, you can use a variety of ingredients as your base. A healthy vegan cheese recipe is one that uses non-processed ingredients, such as nuts and seeds. This recipe calls for sunflower seeds because when making vegan cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds go well with nutritional yeast and the other ingredients.
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Nature's Eats Raw Sunflower Seeds or
- Nature's Eats Raw Cashews
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (for color)
- 4½ cup water, plus more as needed
- Process garlic and salt in a food processor or Vitamix machine; add seeds or nuts and continue to process.
- Add lemon juice and water, then remaining ingredients, blending well. Add more or less water depending on the consistency you desire. To make a spicy cheese sauce, add more water.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container.