Almond Flour Herb Bread
Nut flour bread can be made with any variety of nut flours, but in our opinion, almond flour bread is the most excellent of them all. Many people suffer from allergies and sensitivities to gluten and wheat, causing limitations on food choices. But this almond flour bread can be used to make really good wheat-free sandwiches. This savory gluten-free bread incorporates the flavors of rosemary and thyme. It makes delicious wheat free sandwiches because the herbs go so well with lunch meats, chicken, and many other savory sandwich ingredient combinations.
- 2¼ cups Nature's Eats Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 5 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor or Vitamix machine (using the dry container) combine dry ingredients and pulse them until combined, roughly 10-15 pulses.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine for approximately 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the edges and add in the herbs, garlic, and nutritional yeast.
- Pulse all the ingredients again for about 6 - 8 times. The batter should be thick, but thin enough that you couldn’t roll it into a ball.
- Pour the dough into a greased 9x5 inch pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before serving.